I am a Registered Psychotherapist and I work with youth and adult clients.
I have extensive experience helping clients with a range of issues, including:
- Depression, Post Natal Depression
- Anxiety (including Social Phobia and Panic Attacks)
- Stress Management
- Parenting difficulties and Relationship issues
- Self Esteem, Sexual Identity, Cultural Identity, Personal Development
- Childhood Trauma, Sexual Abuse
- Grief and Loss
I am an ACC approved treatment provider for sexual abuse and trauma issues.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
- Master of Psychotherapy (Hons), Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy, BSc Psychology
- Registered with the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand (PBANZ)
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists (NZAP)
I am bi-lingual, fluent in English and Sinhalese. I am a mother of two young children, and am learning to appreciate the challenges and rewards of being a modern parent. I have a keen interest in working with and supporting new parents/ parents of young children.
I have worked in Corporate and Not for Profit settings, and have a special interest in supporting working professionals who are seeking to improve their mental well being and emotional intelligence. My practice is LGBTQ friendly.
I have worked with people of divers ethnic, cultural and spiritual orientations. My aim is to support you in your own journey towards personal growth, recovery and a more fulfilling life.